La Cuentista Unit I Homeowners Association Board Meeting
Don Newton Community Center
March 6, 2017 at 6:30 PM
Members Present: Jeff Pointer, President, Don Gray, Secretary, James Grage, Treasurer, Robin King, Member at Large and Nigel Burgess of HOAMCO, Manager. Michael Martin, Vice President was absent.
The meeting was called to order by Jeff Pointer at 6:30 P.M.
The board members introduced themselves and the minutes of the December 5, 2016 Board meeting were approved.
FINANCIAL AND MANAGEMENT REPORTS:
- As of January 31, 2017, there is $11770 in the operating fund and $34533 in the reserve fund.
- Four homeowners are over one year past due accounting for $4200. The board voted to place liens on these homeowners.
- There was some discussion of how to control unauthorized vehicle use in the open space. A home owner suggested blocking the entrance with a gate. As the road is a right of way we cannot block the entrance. The trespassing signs will have to do.
- There was discussion the tumbleweed problem. LeeCo will pick up tumbleweeds if they are in piles either in the open space or the street on Thursdays.
- LeeCo has started spring cutting and general clean-up of the landscaping.
- It was decided not to cut the open space this spring.
- Don Gray filled the open board position.
- ACC is up to date
- Tumbleweed Gazette is going out next week. There was positive feedback from homeowners present.
- Landscaping will be meeting later this month to set-up guidelines and “job” description for them.
- Clean-up will be in April 29, 2017. Cheryl Hunt is coordinating it. The board approved $100 for a raffle of gift cards for those who participate.
- Website needs a new web master. David Meischen is interested.
- Neighborhood watch is only on Aloe RD. The other streets have not shown any interest in setting one up.
Several areas of landscaping need to be refurbished and bids were discussed. The areas are as follows.
- Aloe Rd open area across from 6456 Aloe.
- Aloe Rd open area across from 6400 Aloe.
- Medium from Rosa Parks /Aloe by 6400 Aloe
- Medium on Kimmick by 6301 Camino De Paz
- Medium on Cayenne by 6443 Hops
- Open space between Kola & Hops
- Medium by mail boxes on Cayenne
- Urraca & Rosa Parks sign area enlarge to 3000 square feet.
#5 and #7 were tabled until ownership can be established. #3 will be done after construction on La Cuentista II is finished.
#1, #2, #4, #6 and #8 will be topped dressed with 1” buildology brown rocks, no steel edging and barrier fabric used were feasible. The bids for these areas were discussed. There was a motion to accept the bid of $18,310 by ProLawn Landscaping. The board unanimously approved.
The next Board meeting will be Monday June 5, 2017 at 6:30 PM Location to be determined. The meeting was adjourned at 7:50 PM.