La Cuentista Unit I Homeowners Association Board Meeting
Don Newton Community Center
June 12, 2017 at 6:30 PM
Members Present: Michael Martin, Vice President, Don Gray, Secretary, James Grage, Treasurer, Robin King, Member at Large and Nigel Burgess of HOAMCO, Manager. Jeff Pointer, President was absent.
The meeting was called to order by Michael Martin at 6:30 P.M.
The board members introduced themselves and the minutes of the March 6, 2017 Board meeting were approved.
FINANCIAL AND MANAGEMENT REPORTS:
- As of May 31, 2017, there is $13090 in the operating fund and $10000 in the reserve fund.
- The budget is on track. Expenses are on budget.
- Six homeowners are delinquent accounting for $3935. Three homeowners have liens ontheir property and three were sent intent to lien letters. One delinquent homeownerpaid their past due amounts.
- LeeCo has requested a 4% rate increase.
- There was some discussion some homeowners are not putting in ACC request. David
- Some homeowners are concerned about the rock grinding in La Cuentista II. They will need to contact the construction company about damages.
- With the new construction neighbors need to be more vigilant. There have been several incidents in Petroglyphs Estates.
- Cheryl Hunt will contact Rachal Miller about getting a four-way stop at Kimmick and Urraca.
- LeeCo is continuing maintenance and general clean-up of the landscaping.
- ACC is up to date
- Tumbleweed Gazette is going out with quarterly statements. No one answered June and Rita’srequest for article suggestions.
- Landscaping: suggested more plants along the perimeter to create a more appealing look. The bidding process will be speeded up.
- The April Clean-up was poorly attended due to weather. The city controlled the event so it was not canceled. Each family that participated received a gift card. Marsha will be coordinating the September event.
- David Meischen is our Web Master. Minutes will be added as soon as available. A notice that 3 board positions will be up for election at the Annual meeting and interested parties should contact Nigel will be posted on the website and facebook.
- Neighborhood watch is only on Aloe RD. There have been no incidents.
The following two areas still need to be landscaped:
- Medium on Cayenne by 6443 Hops
- Medium by mail boxes on Cayenne
The Board voted 3 to 1 to do these areas for not more than $600. The homeowners will be responsible for maintaining these areas.
The next Board meeting will be Monday September 11, 2017 at 6:30 PM. Location to be determined. The meeting was adjourned at 7:25 PM.