La Cuentista Unit I Homeowners Association Board Meeting
Don Newton Community Center
September 6, 2017 at 6:00 PM
Members Present: Michael Martin, President, Don Gray, Secretary, James Grage, Treasurer, Jeff Pointer, Vice President and Nigel Burgess of HOAMCO, Manager. Robin King, Member at Large was absent.
The meeting was called to order by Michael Martin at 6:00 P.M.
FINANCIAL AND MANAGEMENT REPORTS:
- As of August 31, 2017, there is $10588 in the operating fund and $15502 in the reserve fund.
- We are currently $591 over budget due to sign cost and watering new plantings.
- There are six delinquent homeowners for $4216. Three have liens placed on them andthree have been sent letters of intent to lien.
- There are a few minor violations for weeds and landscaping issues.
- Nigel will look into dead trees in backyards.
- Annual meeting packets will be going out this week. The meeting is October 2, 2017 at 6 PM at Don Newton Community Center.
- The board approved snacks for the Annual Meeting.
- A possible 4-way stop for Urraca was discussed. Cheryl Hunt will contact the elementaryschool to see if the PTA will help our effort to get one as this is a bus stop area.
- ACC is up to date.
- Tumbleweed Gazette is going this week.
- Landscaping was not present. The Board will be looking into areas to improve for nextyear.
- Clean-up will be in September 23, 2017. Marsha Dunlop is coordinating it. The boardapproved $25 the contest.
- Neighborhood watch is only on Aloe RD. There were random BB gun shootings at vehicleson Chicory and Camino De Paz last weekend.
- A homeowner wanted to know if La Cuentista I could become a gated community. Thiswas tabled for the Annual meeting.
The next Board meeting will be Monday December 11, 2017 Location and time are TBA. The meeting was adjourned at 6:45PM.