La Cuentista Unit I Homeowners Association Board Meeting
Don Newton Community Center
December 11, 2017 at 6:00 PM

Minutes

Members Present: Michael Martin, President, Jeff Pointer, Vice President, Robin King, Member at Large and Nigel Burgess of HOAMCO, Manager.
Don Gray, Secretary, James Grage, Treasurer were absent.

The meeting was called to order by Michael Martin at 6:00 P.M.
A motion was approved to seat Cheryl Hunt and Josh Bauguss to the board early as their terms would have started January 1, 2018.

The minutes from the September 6, 2017 board meeting were approved.

FINANCIAL AND MANAGEMENT REPORTS:

  1. As of November 30, 2017, there is $10587 in the operating fund and $21013 in the reserve fund.
  2. We are currently on budget for the year.
  3. There are six delinquent homeowners for $5600. Three have liens placed on them and three have been sent letters of intent to lien.
  4. There is one minor violations for landscaping issues.

NEW/UNFINISHED BUSINESS:

  1. The board will look into setting up a survey on the website so homeowners will have input into areas to improve in 2018. If this is no feasible Cheryl will do a broadcast e- mail.
  2. A possible 4-way stop for Urraca was discussed. Cheryl Hunt will contact the elementary school to see if the PTA will help our effort to get one as this is a bus stop area. Also of concern was the speeding on Kimmick. The city will not do anything until Kimmick is connected. An e-mail will be sent to homeowners to call 311 as the more complaints the sooner the city will react.
  3. Regarding several issue that the HOA has no jurisdiction: A homeowner was concerned about the blasting. She was advised to call 311. Also dog barking falls under non HOAissue.
  4. Michael Martin had a suggestion we decorate the street poles. He will call the city as they are city property. Also it was suggested to decorate the open spaces.
  5. The board is trying to get our new councilor to the next board meeting. Nigel will try and contact her liaison.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

  1. ACC had one request for solar installation that has been approved.
  2. Tumbleweed Gazette will come out in the spring.
  3. No one was present from the Landscaping committee.
  4. The Neighborhood watch is only on Aloe RD.
  5. Josh Bauguss is looking to improve the website. A link to CABQ.gov will be added to the website so homeowners can easily look up information on changes that effect our area. This would include planning meetings and new permits for our area. We will also add this information to the website as it is updated.

This was the last meeting for Board members Jeff Pointer and Don Gray. Michael thanked Jeff for serving on the board.

The next Board meeting is TBA for March. The meeting was adjourned at 6:45 PM.