La Cuentista Unit I Homeowners Association Board Meeting
Don Newton Community Center
March 5, 2018 at 6:00 PM Minutes
Members Present: Michael Martin, President, Jim Grage, Vice President, Cheryl Hunt, Secretary, Josh Bauguss, Treasurer and Nigel Burgess of HOAMCO, Manager. Robin King, Member at Large was absent.
The meeting was called to order by Michael Martin at 6:00 P.M. The minutes from the December 11, 2017 board meeting were approved.
FINANCIAL AND MANAGEMENT REPORTS: As of January 31, 2018, there is $16116 in the operating fund and $26524 in the reserve fund. We are currently on budget for the year. There are 12 delinquent homeowners for $4243. The financials were approved by the Board.
- Install plants along the perimeter of the subdivision (Kimmick, Urraca and Rosa Parks). This will fill in where plants have died or medians that are open.
- Install plants in the walkways to the open space.
- Plant Desert Willows behind the area of Urraca and Rosa Parks.
- Refurbish the open area at Kimmick and Urraca.
- Replenish the cobbles in all open spaces.
Project 1, 3 and 4 were approved. Due to input from homeowners we will not use yuccas but other native plants, Apache plume, Russian sage and grasses. We will leave the Yuccas but, in the future, if they die other plants will replace them. Projects 2 and 5 were put on hold until later in the year.
- RitaSue Grage updated us on the Neighborhood Traffic Calming Program. There is an online form at cabq.gov/traffic that can be filled out by three people who are on the effected street. Under the city’s guidelines 50% of homes must face the street or crash frequency is high. Calling 311 is still our best solution.
- Josh Bauguss reported on the area development. Paseo/Unser intersection will be a community center similar to the Uptown area. The north side of Paseo, Kimmick to Unser is commercial development. The south side of Paseo, Kimmick to Unser is multi-family homes with a medium density. Southwest corner of Paseo/Unser a possible grocery store. Southwest corner of Kimmick/Paseo is commercial development.
- Cheryl Hunt reported on the survey. Only 20% of homeowners responded. Most comments pertained to landscaping suggestions, speed issues, community park and dues issues.
- ACC is up to date.
- Tumbleweed Gazette will come out this week. Due to lack of interest this will be the final issue.
- Spring clean-up is April 28. There will be a contest and food.
- Josh Bauguss is improving the website. Look for it to be up soon.
- The Neighborhood watch is only on Aloe RD. There has been no interest on the other streets.
The next Board meeting for June 4 TBA location and time.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:05 PM.