La Cuentista Unit I Homeowners Association Board Meeting
Don Newton Community Center
June 11, 2018 at 6:00 PM Minutes
Members Present: Michael Martin, President, Jim Grage, Vice President, Cheryl Hunt, Secretary, Josh Bauguss, Treasurer, Robin King, Member at Large and Nigel Burgess of HOAMCO, Manager.
The meeting was called to order by James Grage at 6:00 P.M. The minutes from the March 5, 2018 board meeting were approved.
FINANCIAL AND MANAGEMENT REPORTS:
As of May 31, 2018, there is $16557 in the operating fund and $16417 in the reserve fund. We are currently $700 over budget for the year. There are 13 delinquent homeowners for $3924. There are 2 liens on homeowners and 2 intents to lien. The financials were approved by the Board. There are 3 outstanding violations for weeds. All were sent courtesy letters.
- The three bids for a new landscaping company were discussed. The issue was tabled for 30 days so board members could go over contracts.
- The annual meeting will be September 29, 2018. Food will be provided courtesy of VanDyke Mortgage and Michael Martin. Fun activities are being planned to make it a family event. Josh Bauguss is coordinating the activities.
- ProLawn replaced at no charge 33 plants that the rabbits destroyed.
- The board approved planting in the walkways between Camino De Paz and the open space. Work will be done in the fall.
- The board approved replenishing the cobble stones in all open areas. The north end of Aloe was excluded until construction is finished in the area.
- ACC is up to date.
- Spring clean-up was successful. Marsha Dunlap will coordinate the fall clean-up in September.
- Josh Bauguss has the new website up and running, LaCuentista1HOA.com
- The Neighborhood watch is only on Aloe RD. A resident expressed interest in creating a watch on Camino De Paz. Contact information was sent to John Snyder to help set it up.
- There will be two openings on the board up for election at the annual meeting.
- A Homeowner asked if dues could be reduced or refunded to homeowners in good standing. Per our covenants dues could not be reduced or refunded. It requires 2/3 of homeowners’ approval to change the dues. It takes 75% of homeowners to change the covenants.
- Speed bumps on Camino De Paz and Kimmick were discussed. It was brought up could the HOA pay for them. The board will contact the city.
- On Camino De Paz the street has several cracks that are larger than 4 inches could the HOA pay to repair. This is a city street and they do repairs. Homeowners need to call 311 to complain. It will take a lot of calls before the city responds.
- Alternate times and days for the Board meeting were discussed. A later start time was agreed upon within the constants of Taylor Ranch Community Center operating hours. In the future a different location will be looked into for a later start time.
The next Board meeting for September 10, 2018 at 6:30. Location is TBA.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:05 PM.