La Cuentista Unit I Homeowners Association Board Meeting
Don Newton Community Center
September 10, 2018 at 6:30 PM Minutes
Members Present: Michael Martin, President, Jim Grage, Vice President, Cheryl Hunt, Secretary, Josh Bauguss, Treasurer, Robin King, Member at Large and Nigel Burgess of HOAMCO, Manager.
The meeting was called to order by Michael Martin at 6:30 P.M. The minutes from the June 11, 2018 board meeting were approved.
FINANCIAL AND MANAGEMENT REPORTS:
As of July 31, 2018, there is $15604 in the operating fund and $21934 in the reserve fund. We are currently $2028 over budget for the year due to watering contract for spring plantings. There are 10 delinquent homeowners for $4175. There are 3 liens on homeowners and 1 intent to lien. The financials were approved by the Board.
There are 5 outstanding violations for weeds. All were sent courtesy letters. A discussion of uncontrolled landscaping in the medians and front yards resulted in HOAMCO will access on their next visit.
- ProLawn was approved as the new landscaping company via e-mails. There contract took effect September 1, 2018. There was discussion on ProLawn spraying the weeds in the street cracks. Because of past homeowners’ response there will be no spraying of the weeds. They will be cut down.
- The annual Homeowners’ meeting will be September 29, 2018 at 11 AM in the open area near Urraca and Rosa Parks. Food will be provided courtesy of Van Dyke Mortgage and Michael Martin. We will have a bouncy house and other family activities. Don Gray will set-up his photo booth. Our city councilor Cynthia Borrego will also be attending.
- The board approved the bid to refurbish the open area along Kimmick between Comfrey and Camino De Paz.
- ACC has one outstanding violation of a A/C unit being seen from street level that will be addressed.
- Landscaping committee will be meeting later this month to discuss areas to improve for next year.
- Fall clean-up has been cancelled.
- Josh Bauguss has the new website up and running, LaCuentista1HOA.com
- The Neighborhood watch is only on Aloe RD.
- There will be two openings on the board up for election at the annual meeting. Josh will post on Facebook and Cheryl will send out an e-mail.
The next Board meeting for December 3, 2018 at 6:30. Location will be either HOAMCO offices or Taylor Ranch Community Center.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:15 PM.