La Cuentista Unit I Homeowners Association
Annual Homeowners Meeting
Open Space Urraca & Rosa Parks
September 29, 2018 at 11:00 am
Board Members Present: Michael Martin, President, James Grage, Vice President, Cheryl Hunt, Secretary, Josh Baugess, Treasurer Robin King, Member at Large, and Nigel Burgess of HOAMCO, Manager.
The meeting was called to order by Michael Martin at 11:10 AM.
A quorum was verified as 30 Homeowners were present either in person or by proxy.
The board members introduced themselves.
The minutes from the October 2, 2017 Annual Homeowners’ meeting were approved by the members.
As there were two board positions open and only two candidates, a verbal vote was taken. Don Gray and Jeff Pointer were voted to the Board for a two-year term.
President’s Report: Michael Martin
Michael thanked the current Board and various committee members for volunteering to service. He commented on how the neighbor has been improved with various landscaping projects. He has noticed how neighbors have been helping each other. It is an honor to live in the neighborhood.
Financial Report: Nigel Burgess
Operating account has $15656, reserves have $21945 as of August 31, 2018. Delinquency is $5000 with liens on 3 homeowners. All 140 lots are member owned.
Landscaping Committee: David Meischen
Discussed potential upcoming areas to be improved. Several projects being discussed by the committee planting trees along Rosa Parks and Urraca, putting in benches in the open space and finishing replenishing the river rocks in the open areas. He asked for members to contact him with suggestions.
- The speeding along Kimmick was discussed along with getting a four way stop at Kimmick and Urraca.
Looking at possibly getting a four way stop at Kimmick and Camino De Pas as this area has a blind spot for traffic. Another member wanted the bushes at Paseo Del Norte and Kimmick trimmed as they can’t see to get onto Paseo Del Norte. The large cracks in the streets was discussed. Calling 311 should get the problems corrected but it will take numerous calls before the city will act.
- Members are concerned about the kids shooting pellet guns at the wildlife. Some homeowners have had shots fired at the pigeons on their homes. The city will only act if there are witnesses or video. Another member knows which house the kids live at so a few members are going to go talk with the parents and share their concerns.
- If any one has wildlife that needs rescuing or lost pets contact Angela via Facebook and she will help you.
The meeting was adjourned at 11:35 P.M.
A brief organizational meeting for the new board was held after the annual meeting to discuss who would fill the various seats.
- President, Jeff Pointer
- Vice President, Jim Grage
- Secretary, Cheryl Hunt
- Treasurer, Josh Bauguss
- At large member, Don Gray