La Cuentista Unit I Homeowners Association
Annual Homeowners Meeting
Open Space Urraca & Rosa Parks
November 2, 2019 at 10:30 AM Minutes

Board Members Present: Jeff Pointer, President, Cheryl Hunt, Secretary, Josh Baugess, Treasure, Don Gray, Member at Large, and Gary Illingworth of HOAMCO, Manager. James Grage, Vice President was absent.

The meeting was called to order by Jeff Pointer at 10:35 AM.

A quorum was verified as 28 Homeowners were present either in person or by proxy.

The board members introduced themselves.

The minutes from the September 28, 2018 Annual Homeowners’ meeting were approved by the members.

As there were three board positions open and only three candidates, a verbal vote was taken. Josh Burgess, Jim Grage and David Meischen will start there terms January 1, 2020.

Financial Report: Gary Illingworth

Operating account has $20,103, reserves have $24,044 as of September 30, 2019.

Landscaping Committee: David Meischen

Discussed potential upcoming areas to be improved.

Councilor Cynthia Borrego Comments:

  • Talked about intra structure being very important.
  • Crime is down in District 5. We have the lowest crime rate in the city.
  • Discussed Westside Blvd., Unser and Paseo Del Norte plans. It will $25 million to finish Unser between Compass and Paradise. $23 Million to finish Paseo Del Norte from Kimmick to Rainbow. $10 million to finish Westside Blvd. between 528 and Golf Course RD.
  • She is looking to get funding for a multi-use facility (including a Library and Gym) on Cibola Loop. Currently there is $300,000 available for the project
  • Discussed options for getting speed bumps on Rosa Parks and Kimmick. They cost $15,000 per bump. A traffic study is required by the city. In order for a traffic study to be done, enough complaints have to be received at at abq 311. (dial 311 on phone)
  • She will get back with Gary as to when the light at Kimmick will become operational.
  • Talked about economic development around Double Eagle Airport.
  • Residents asked about cell towers being added to the area but she said it was not under her control.
  • Residents should call the various cell carriers for answers.

Member Comments:

  • There was a discussion of setting up more neighborhood watches in the neighborhood.
  • A good source of real time information is NextDoor for La Cuentista and Facebook page.

The meeting was adjourned at 11:25 A.M.

A brief organizational meeting for the new board was held after the annual meeting to discuss who would fill the
various seats.

  • President, Don Gray
  • Vice President, Josh Bauguss
  • Secretary, Jeff Pointer
  • Treasurer, David Meischen
  • At large member, Jim Grage