Author: Josh Bauguss (Page 3 of 5)

3rd Quarter 2019 Meeting Minutes

La Cuentista Unit I Homeowners Association Board Meeting
HOAMCO Offices
September 10, 2019 at 6:00 PM Minutes

Members Present: Jeff Pointer, President, Cheryl Hunt, Secretary, Josh Bauguss, Treasurer, Don Gray,

Member at Large Gary Illingworth of HOAMCO, Manager.

The meeting was called to order by Jeff pointer at 6:00 P.M. The minutes from the June 25, 2019 board meeting were approved. Agenda for meeting was approved.

FINANCIAL AND MANAGEMENT REPORTS:

As of July 31, 2019, there is $21588 in the operating fund and $24023 in the reserve fund. We are currently on budget for the year.

There is 1 intent to lien and 2 liens on homeowners. The financials were approved by the Board.

NEW/UNFINISHED BUSINESS:

  1. The north end of Aloe will have the cobbles refurbished and the space between the sidewalk and street well be done.
  2. We will have the landscapers clean up the path in the open space behind Camino De Paz by the pond.
  3. Annual meeting update: Tent and bouncy are reserved. Catering is in progress. Cynthia Borrego appearance has been confirmed. The area for the tent will be cleaned by landscapers. Gary will give the homeowners affected by set-up a courtesy notice.
  4. The 2020 budget was discussed. It needed a few adjustments. Gary will revise and the board will discuss at the annual meeting.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

  1. ACC has no outstanding requests.
  2. Landscaping committee will e-mail projects to Gary.
  3. Josh Bauguss has the website up and running, LaCuentista1HOA.com
  4. The Neighborhood watch is only on Aloe RD. Dave Dunlap will be our contact person. There is some interest on other streets in the neighborhood.

The next Board meeting will be December 3, 2019 at 6:00. Location will be the HOAMCO offices.

The meeting was adjourned at 6:35 PM.

2nd Quarter 2019 Minutes

La Cuentista Unit I Homeowners Association Board Meeting
HOAMCO Offices
June 25th, 2019 at 6:00 PM Minutes

Members Present: Jim Grage, Vice President, Don Gray, Member at Large, Josh Bauguss, Treasurer, and Gary Illingworth of HOAMCO, Manager.  Jeff Pointer, President and Cheryl Hunt, Secretary were absent.

The meeting was called to order by Jim Grage at 6:02pm.  Agenda for meeting was approved. Minutes from March 4th 2019 were approved.

Discussed the process for which HOA payments are enforced. Basically, if late a letter goes out. Letters continue to be sent each quarter. Once a resident is VERY late, a lawyer draws up an enforcement letter. If that letter is ignored, a lien is placed on the home.

Discussed Trailers/RVs on the street. The HOA has no enforcement of this. While it is in the bylaws that nobody can park a trailer for longer than 24 hours, it is still a city matter. If you see a trailer parked in front of a home for longer than 24 hours, you may call 311.

Under new HOA laws, board members had to sign certificate forms. Board members also had to sign acknowledgement of HOAMCO vendor relationships (of which there were none).

Discussed having another picnic for the annual HOA meeting. Scheduled for October 19 at 10:30am. HOAMCO will arrange for the landscapers to clear an area for the meeting near Rosa Parks and Urraca. (same location as last year). HOAMCO will arrange for a tent this year to help beat the heat. They will also arrange for more tables and chairs than we had last year. A bounce house will be reserved. We will look into pricing a climbing wall. We need more games. And an invitation to our city councilor needs to be sent out earlier than last year. (it was a last minute invite and she ended up not being able to make it due to the opening of the dog park at Cottonwood)

Board meeting dates were agreed upon. 3rd Quarter Meeting on Sept. 10th at 6pm. 4th Quarter Meeting on Dec. 3rd at 6pm. (All HOA board meetings are now at the HOAMCO office at 8700A Education Place NW.)

The topic of starting a newsletter was brought up. This could be sent quarterly in the same mailing as the quarterly invoice. Ideas for content include:

  • Announce meeting times
  • summary of landscaping activity
  • cleanup day announcement
  • request for volunteer to head up yearly garage sale to coincide with the city wide garage sale day.

Note: there is currently no volunteer to put this newsletter together.

Landscaping committee reported nothing new. We discussed briefly long term plans of replacing large grasses that don’t look good trimmed.

Complaints of cracks in our streets was brought up again. Unfortunately, the HOA can do nothing about this but to encourage home owners to call 311. The city will not do anything about this unless enough home owners call and file a complaint.

The meeting was adjourned at 6:55 PM.

May 9th 2019 Projects Meeting

Members Present: Jeff Pointer, President, Jim Grage, Vice President, Cheryl Hunt, Secretary, Josh Bauguss, Treasurer, and Gary Illingworth of HOAMCO, Manager.  Don Gray, Member at Large was absent.

The meeting was called to order by Jeff Pointer at Noon.  Agenda for meeting was approved.

As per the covenants and a discussion with the city the HOA is responsible for the maintenance of the open space and pond area.  The city has a right-of-way in this area. Representatives of La Cuentista II have asked the HOA to landscaping the area of Kimmick and the pond.  The board decided to not do any landscaping in this area due to spring winds just covering it up. After La Cuentista II is built out the Board will consider landscaping the area at that time.  If La Cuentista II wishes to landscape the area and pay for it the board has no objections.  

Several Projects were discussed and approved. Total expenditure is $8500 for these projects.

The projects are:

  1. Redo the open space by Kimmick and Comfrey.  Add 1” buildology brown and refresh the cobbles. Adding trees and a bench will be considered later.
  2. Upgrade the walkway between Aloe and Camino De Paz to concrete with cobbles to help with the erosion in the area. 
  3. Plant trees along Urraca and Rosa Parks in the open space.

The project to redo the north end Aloe/Rosa Parks open space and the median in the area will be done in September once La Cuentista II construction in the area is finished.

A bid is requested for filling in plants along Kimmick and Urraca.  There are approximately 30 that need replacing. Some may still be under warranty.  Gary will follow-up.

All other projects were deferred to the June Board meeting.

A motion to Pay Don Gray for the solar lights he installed on the La Cuentista signs was approved.

The meeting was adjourned at 1:00 PM.

1st Quarter 2019 – Meeting Minutes

La Cuentista Unit I Homeowners Association Board Meeting
HOAMCO Offices
March 3, 2019 at 6:00 PM Minutes

Members Present: Jeff Pointer, President, Jim Grage, Vice President, Cheryl Hunt, Secretary, Josh Bauguss, Treasurer, Don Gray, Member at Large and Nigel Burgess and Gary Illingworth of HOAMCO, Manager. 

The meeting was called to order by Jeff pointer at 5:55 P.M.  The minutes from the December 3, 2018 board meeting were approved.  Agenda for meeting was approved.

FINANCIAL AND MANAGEMENT REPORTS:

As of February 28, 2019, there is $21148 in the operating fund and $22847 in the reserve fund.  We are currently $13 over budget for the year.

There are 9 delinquent homeowners and 2 liens on homeowners. The financials were approved by the Board. 

NEW/UNFINISHED BUSINESS:

  1. The Landscaping Committee will e-mail a list of improvements to HOAMCO.  They will get bids and e-mail Board members for approval.
  2. There is a rat problem on several streets.  Dave Dunlap will e-mail Board members the city ordinances. Calling 311 to report will be posted on the website.
  3. There is a noxious weed problem in the open spaces. We will have ProLawn assess the problem and give a bid to clean-up. 
  4. Roof A/c on Cayenne will need parapets.   Other violations were discussed and letters will be sent out.
  5. There was a discussion of the new HOA laws that were passed.  HOAMCO is having a workshop on March 20, 2019 to explain them.  We are basically already following the new laws.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

  1. ACC is still waiting on addition information on 1 request (6331 Comfrey).  The wall on Kimmick will be taken back to the pilaster.
  2. Landscaping committee will e-mail projects to Nigel.
  3. Josh Bauguss has the website up and running, LaCuentista1HOA.com
  4. The Neighborhood watch is only on Aloe RD. There is some interest on other streets in the neighborhood.

OPEN DISCUSSION:

  1. Tumbleweeds will be picked up by ProLawn if in open space or street on Thursday.
  2. Spring clean-up is Saturday April 27, 2019.  Marsha Dunlap will coordinate.  Two $25 gift cards were approved for prizes.
  3. Annual meeting will be discussed at the June meeting.
  4. Trials are being put in the open space across from Kimmick.

The next Board meeting will be June 4, 2019 at 6:00.  Location will be the HOAMCO offices.

The meeting was adjourned at 6:55 PM. 

4th Quarter 2018 – Meeting Minutes

La Cuentista Unit I Homeowners Association Board Meeting
HOAMCO Offices
December 3, 2018 at 6:30 PM Minutes

Members Present: Jim Grage, Vice President, Cheryl Hunt, Secretary, Josh Bauguss, Treasurer, and Nigel Burgess of HOAMCO, Manager. Michael Martin, President, and Robin King, Member at Large were absent.

The meeting was called to order by Jim Grage at 6:30 P.M. The minutes from the September 10, 2018 board meeting were approved. Agenda was approved.

A motion was made to seat Jeff pointer and Don Gray to the board effective today. Motion was seconded and passed.

FINANCIAL AND MANAGEMENT REPORTS:
As of October 31, 2018, there is $15112in the operating fund and $17310 in the reserve fund. We are currently $2130 over budget for the year due to watering contract for spring plantings. There are 23 delinquent homeowners for $4570. There are 2 liens on homeowners. The financials were approved by the Board.

There are 5 outstanding violations for weeds. All were sent courtesy letters. A discussion of uncontrolled landscaping in the medians and front yards resulted in HOAMCO will access on their next visit.

NEW/UNFINISHED BUSINESS:

  1. Landscaping enhancements were deferred to the march meeting. They included finishing north Aloe
  2. open space river rock and open space walkways washing out.
  3. There is a rat problem on several streets. There are city and state laws about control of them, the Board
  4. set policy based on these regulations.
  5. There is a noxious weed problem the board will address based on state and city regulations. Josh will post
  6. on the website the banded plants with pictures.
  7. Nigel brought information on replacing the solar lights on the monuments. Because the continued
  8. vandalism to the lights a minimal amount will be spent on repair.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

ACC has no outstanding requests.

Landscaping committee has nothing going on.

Josh Bauguss has the website up and running, LaCuentista1HOA.com

The Neighborhood watch is only on Aloe RD. There is some interest on other streets in the neighborhood.

OPEN DISCUSSION:

A A/C? unit on Cayenne can be seen from street level Nigel will sent out a notice. The unit appeared after solar panels were placed on the roof.

The next Board meeting for March 4, 2019 at 6:00. Location will be either HOAMCO offices.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:15 PM.

2018 Annual Meeting Minutes

La Cuentista Unit I Homeowners Association
Annual Homeowners Meeting
Open Space Urraca & Rosa Parks
September 29, 2018 at 11:00 am

Minutes

Board Members Present: Michael Martin, President, James Grage, Vice President, Cheryl Hunt, Secretary, Josh Baugess, Treasurer Robin King, Member at Large, and Nigel Burgess of HOAMCO, Manager.

The meeting was called to order by Michael Martin at 11:10 AM.

A quorum was verified as 30 Homeowners were present either in person or by proxy.

The board members introduced themselves.

The minutes from the October 2, 2017 Annual Homeowners’ meeting were approved by the members.

As there were two board positions open and only two candidates, a verbal vote was taken. Don Gray and Jeff Pointer were voted to the Board for a two-year term.

President’s Report: Michael Martin
Michael thanked the current Board and various committee members for volunteering to service. He commented on how the neighbor has been improved with various landscaping projects. He has noticed how neighbors have been helping each other. It is an honor to live in the neighborhood.

Financial Report: Nigel Burgess
Operating account has $15656, reserves have $21945 as of August 31, 2018.   Delinquency is $5000 with liens on 3 homeowners. All 140 lots are member owned.

 

Landscaping Committee: David Meischen
Discussed potential upcoming areas to be improved. Several projects being discussed by the committee planting trees along Rosa Parks and Urraca, putting in benches in the open space and finishing replenishing the river rocks in the open areas.   He asked for members to contact him with suggestions.

Member Comments:

  • The speeding along Kimmick was discussed along with getting a four way stop at Kimmick and Urraca.
    Looking at possibly getting a four way stop at Kimmick and Camino De Pas as this area has a blind spot for traffic. Another member wanted the bushes at Paseo Del Norte and Kimmick trimmed as they can’t see to get onto Paseo Del Norte. The large cracks in the streets was discussed. Calling 311 should get the problems corrected but it will take numerous calls before the city will act.
  • Members are concerned about the kids shooting pellet guns at the wildlife. Some homeowners have had shots fired at the pigeons on their homes. The city will only act if there are witnesses or video. Another member knows which house the kids live at so a few members are going to go talk with the parents and share their concerns.
  • If any one has wildlife that needs rescuing or lost pets contact Angela via Facebook and she will help you.

 

The meeting was adjourned at 11:35 P.M.

A brief organizational meeting for the new board was held after the annual meeting to discuss who would fill the various seats.

  • President, Jeff Pointer
  • Vice President, Jim Grage
  • Secretary, Cheryl Hunt
  • Treasurer, Josh Bauguss
  • At large member, Don Gray

 

 

 

 

3rd Quarter 2018 – Meeting Minutes

La Cuentista Unit I Homeowners Association Board Meeting
Don Newton Community Center
September 10, 2018 at 6:30 PM Minutes

Members Present: Michael Martin, President, Jim Grage, Vice President, Cheryl Hunt, Secretary, Josh Bauguss, Treasurer, Robin King, Member at Large and Nigel Burgess of HOAMCO, Manager.

The meeting was called to order by Michael Martin at 6:30 P.M. The minutes from the June 11, 2018 board meeting were approved.

FINANCIAL AND MANAGEMENT REPORTS:

As of July 31, 2018, there is $15604 in the operating fund and $21934 in the reserve fund. We are currently $2028 over budget for the year due to watering contract for spring plantings. There are 10 delinquent homeowners for $4175. There are 3 liens on homeowners and 1 intent to lien. The financials were approved by the Board.

There are 5 outstanding violations for weeds. All were sent courtesy letters. A discussion of uncontrolled landscaping in the medians and front yards resulted in HOAMCO will access on their next visit.

NEW/UNFINISHED BUSINESS:

  1. ProLawn was approved as the new landscaping company via e-mails. There contract took effect September 1, 2018. There was discussion on ProLawn spraying the weeds in the street cracks. Because of past homeowners’ response there will be no spraying of the weeds. They will be cut down.
  2. The annual Homeowners’ meeting will be September 29, 2018 at 11 AM in the open area near Urraca and Rosa Parks. Food will be provided courtesy of Van Dyke Mortgage and Michael Martin. We will have a bouncy house and other family activities. Don Gray will set-up his photo booth. Our city councilor Cynthia Borrego will also be attending.
  3. The board approved the bid to refurbish the open area along Kimmick between Comfrey and Camino De Paz.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

  1. ACC has one outstanding violation of a A/C unit being seen from street level that will be addressed.
  2. Landscaping committee will be meeting later this month to discuss areas to improve for next year.
  3. Fall clean-up has been cancelled.
  4. Josh Bauguss has the new website up and running, LaCuentista1HOA.com
  5. The Neighborhood watch is only on Aloe RD.

OPEN DISCUSSION:

  1. There will be two openings on the board up for election at the annual meeting. Josh will post on Facebook and Cheryl will send out an e-mail.

The next Board meeting for December 3, 2018 at 6:30. Location will be either HOAMCO offices or Taylor Ranch Community Center.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:15 PM.

RSVP Annual Homeowners’ meeting

Annual Homeowners’ meeting is Saturday September 29, 2018 at 11 AM in the open space by Uracca and Rosa Parks.   Food and games will be provided!  We are trying to get a count of attendees so we have enough food. Please e-mail LaCuentista1hoa@gmail.com with how many in your family are coming.

« Older posts Newer posts »