Author: Josh Bauguss (Page 4 of 5)

2018 Annual Meeting Minutes

La Cuentista Unit I Homeowners Association
Annual Homeowners Meeting
Open Space Urraca & Rosa Parks
September 29, 2018 at 11:00 am

Minutes

Board Members Present: Michael Martin, President, James Grage, Vice President, Cheryl Hunt, Secretary, Josh Baugess, Treasurer Robin King, Member at Large, and Nigel Burgess of HOAMCO, Manager.

The meeting was called to order by Michael Martin at 11:10 AM.

A quorum was verified as 30 Homeowners were present either in person or by proxy.

The board members introduced themselves.

The minutes from the October 2, 2017 Annual Homeowners’ meeting were approved by the members.

As there were two board positions open and only two candidates, a verbal vote was taken. Don Gray and Jeff Pointer were voted to the Board for a two-year term.

President’s Report: Michael Martin
Michael thanked the current Board and various committee members for volunteering to service. He commented on how the neighbor has been improved with various landscaping projects. He has noticed how neighbors have been helping each other. It is an honor to live in the neighborhood.

Financial Report: Nigel Burgess
Operating account has $15656, reserves have $21945 as of August 31, 2018.   Delinquency is $5000 with liens on 3 homeowners. All 140 lots are member owned.

 

Landscaping Committee: David Meischen
Discussed potential upcoming areas to be improved. Several projects being discussed by the committee planting trees along Rosa Parks and Urraca, putting in benches in the open space and finishing replenishing the river rocks in the open areas.   He asked for members to contact him with suggestions.

Member Comments:

  • The speeding along Kimmick was discussed along with getting a four way stop at Kimmick and Urraca.
    Looking at possibly getting a four way stop at Kimmick and Camino De Pas as this area has a blind spot for traffic. Another member wanted the bushes at Paseo Del Norte and Kimmick trimmed as they can’t see to get onto Paseo Del Norte. The large cracks in the streets was discussed. Calling 311 should get the problems corrected but it will take numerous calls before the city will act.
  • Members are concerned about the kids shooting pellet guns at the wildlife. Some homeowners have had shots fired at the pigeons on their homes. The city will only act if there are witnesses or video. Another member knows which house the kids live at so a few members are going to go talk with the parents and share their concerns.
  • If any one has wildlife that needs rescuing or lost pets contact Angela via Facebook and she will help you.

 

The meeting was adjourned at 11:35 P.M.

A brief organizational meeting for the new board was held after the annual meeting to discuss who would fill the various seats.

  • President, Jeff Pointer
  • Vice President, Jim Grage
  • Secretary, Cheryl Hunt
  • Treasurer, Josh Bauguss
  • At large member, Don Gray

 

 

 

 

3rd Quarter 2018 – Meeting Minutes

La Cuentista Unit I Homeowners Association Board Meeting
Don Newton Community Center
September 10, 2018 at 6:30 PM Minutes

Members Present: Michael Martin, President, Jim Grage, Vice President, Cheryl Hunt, Secretary, Josh Bauguss, Treasurer, Robin King, Member at Large and Nigel Burgess of HOAMCO, Manager.

The meeting was called to order by Michael Martin at 6:30 P.M. The minutes from the June 11, 2018 board meeting were approved.

FINANCIAL AND MANAGEMENT REPORTS:

As of July 31, 2018, there is $15604 in the operating fund and $21934 in the reserve fund. We are currently $2028 over budget for the year due to watering contract for spring plantings. There are 10 delinquent homeowners for $4175. There are 3 liens on homeowners and 1 intent to lien. The financials were approved by the Board.

There are 5 outstanding violations for weeds. All were sent courtesy letters. A discussion of uncontrolled landscaping in the medians and front yards resulted in HOAMCO will access on their next visit.

NEW/UNFINISHED BUSINESS:

  1. ProLawn was approved as the new landscaping company via e-mails. There contract took effect September 1, 2018. There was discussion on ProLawn spraying the weeds in the street cracks. Because of past homeowners’ response there will be no spraying of the weeds. They will be cut down.
  2. The annual Homeowners’ meeting will be September 29, 2018 at 11 AM in the open area near Urraca and Rosa Parks. Food will be provided courtesy of Van Dyke Mortgage and Michael Martin. We will have a bouncy house and other family activities. Don Gray will set-up his photo booth. Our city councilor Cynthia Borrego will also be attending.
  3. The board approved the bid to refurbish the open area along Kimmick between Comfrey and Camino De Paz.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

  1. ACC has one outstanding violation of a A/C unit being seen from street level that will be addressed.
  2. Landscaping committee will be meeting later this month to discuss areas to improve for next year.
  3. Fall clean-up has been cancelled.
  4. Josh Bauguss has the new website up and running, LaCuentista1HOA.com
  5. The Neighborhood watch is only on Aloe RD.

OPEN DISCUSSION:

  1. There will be two openings on the board up for election at the annual meeting. Josh will post on Facebook and Cheryl will send out an e-mail.

The next Board meeting for December 3, 2018 at 6:30. Location will be either HOAMCO offices or Taylor Ranch Community Center.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:15 PM.

2nd Quarter 2018 Meeting Minutes

La Cuentista Unit I Homeowners Association Board Meeting
Don Newton Community Center
June 11, 2018 at 6:00 PM Minutes

Members Present: Michael Martin, President, Jim Grage, Vice President, Cheryl Hunt, Secretary, Josh Bauguss, Treasurer, Robin King, Member at Large and Nigel Burgess of HOAMCO, Manager.

The meeting was called to order by James Grage at 6:00 P.M. The minutes from the March 5, 2018 board meeting were approved.

FINANCIAL AND MANAGEMENT REPORTS:

As of May 31, 2018, there is $16557 in the operating fund and $16417 in the reserve fund. We are currently $700 over budget for the year. There are 13 delinquent homeowners for $3924. There are 2 liens on homeowners and 2 intents to lien. The financials were approved by the Board. There are 3 outstanding violations for weeds. All were sent courtesy letters.

NEW/UNFINISHED BUSINESS:

  1. The three bids for a new landscaping company were discussed. The issue was tabled for 30 days so board members could go over contracts.
  2. The annual meeting will be September 29, 2018. Food will be provided courtesy of VanDyke Mortgage and Michael Martin. Fun activities are being planned to make it a family event. Josh Bauguss is coordinating the activities.
  3. ProLawn replaced at no charge 33 plants that the rabbits destroyed.
  4. The board approved planting in the walkways between Camino De Paz and the open space. Work will be done in the fall.
  5. The board approved replenishing the cobble stones in all open areas. The north end of Aloe was excluded until construction is finished in the area.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

  1. ACC is up to date.
  2. Spring clean-up was successful.   Marsha Dunlap will coordinate the fall clean-up in September.
  3. Josh Bauguss has the new website up and running, LaCuentista1HOA.com
  4. The Neighborhood watch is only on Aloe RD. A resident expressed interest in creating a watch on Camino De Paz. Contact information was sent to John Snyder to help set it up.

OPEN DISCUSSION:

  1. There will be two openings on the board up for election at the annual meeting.
  2. A Homeowner asked if dues could be reduced or refunded to homeowners in good standing. Per our covenants dues could not be reduced or refunded. It requires 2/3 of homeowners’ approval to change the dues. It takes 75% of homeowners to change the covenants.
  3. Speed bumps on Camino De Paz and Kimmick were discussed. It was brought up could the HOA pay for them. The board will contact the city.
  4. On Camino De Paz the street has several cracks that are larger than 4 inches could the HOA pay to repair. This is a city street and they do repairs. Homeowners need to call 311 to complain. It will take a lot of calls before the city responds.
  5. Alternate times and days for the Board meeting were discussed. A later start time was agreed upon within the constants of Taylor Ranch Community Center operating hours. In the future a different location will be looked into for a later start time.

The next Board meeting for September 10, 2018 at 6:30. Location is TBA.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:05 PM.

 

1st Quarter 2018 Meeting Minutes

La Cuentista Unit I Homeowners Association Board Meeting
Don Newton Community Center
March 5, 2018 at 6:00 PM Minutes

Members Present: Michael Martin, President, Jim Grage, Vice President, Cheryl Hunt, Secretary, Josh Bauguss, Treasurer and Nigel Burgess of HOAMCO, Manager. Robin King, Member at Large was absent.

The meeting was called to order by Michael Martin at 6:00 P.M. The minutes from the December 11, 2017 board meeting were approved.

FINANCIAL AND MANAGEMENT REPORTS: As of January 31, 2018, there is $16116 in the operating fund and $26524 in the reserve fund. We are currently on budget for the year. There are 12 delinquent homeowners for $4243. The financials were approved by the Board.

LANDSCAPING PROJECTS:

  1. Install plants along the perimeter of the subdivision (Kimmick, Urraca and Rosa Parks). This will fill in where plants have died or medians that are open.
  2. Install plants in the walkways to the open space.
  3. Plant Desert Willows behind the area of Urraca and Rosa Parks.
  4. Refurbish the open area at Kimmick and Urraca.
  5. Replenish the cobbles in all open spaces.

Project 1, 3 and 4 were approved. Due to input from homeowners we will not use yuccas but other native plants, Apache plume, Russian sage and grasses. We will leave the Yuccas but, in the future, if they die other plants will replace them. Projects 2 and 5 were put on hold until later in the year.

NEW/UNFINISHED BUSINESS:

  1. RitaSue Grage updated us on the Neighborhood Traffic Calming Program. There is an online form at cabq.gov/traffic that can be filled out by three people who are on the effected street. Under the city’s guidelines 50% of homes must face the street or crash frequency is high. Calling 311 is still our best solution.
  2. Josh Bauguss reported on the area development. Paseo/Unser intersection will be a community center similar to the Uptown area. The north side of Paseo, Kimmick to Unser is commercial development. The south side of Paseo, Kimmick to Unser is multi-family homes with a medium density. Southwest corner of Paseo/Unser a possible grocery store. Southwest corner of Kimmick/Paseo is commercial development.
  3. Cheryl Hunt reported on the survey. Only 20% of homeowners responded. Most comments pertained to landscaping suggestions, speed issues, community park and dues issues.

COMMITTEE REPORTS.

  1. ACC is up to date.
  2. Tumbleweed Gazette will come out this week. Due to lack of interest this will be the final issue.
  3. Spring clean-up is April 28. There will be a contest and food.
  4. Josh Bauguss is improving the website. Look for it to be up soon.
  5. The Neighborhood watch is only on Aloe RD. There has been no interest on the other streets.

The next Board meeting for June 4 TBA location and time.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:05 PM.

4th Quarter 2017 Minutes

La Cuentista Unit I Homeowners Association Board Meeting
Don Newton Community Center
December 11, 2017 at 6:00 PM

Minutes

Members Present: Michael Martin, President, Jeff Pointer, Vice President, Robin King, Member at Large and Nigel Burgess of HOAMCO, Manager.
Don Gray, Secretary, James Grage, Treasurer were absent.

The meeting was called to order by Michael Martin at 6:00 P.M.
A motion was approved to seat Cheryl Hunt and Josh Bauguss to the board early as their terms would have started January 1, 2018.

The minutes from the September 6, 2017 board meeting were approved.

FINANCIAL AND MANAGEMENT REPORTS:

  1. As of November 30, 2017, there is $10587 in the operating fund and $21013 in the reserve fund.
  2. We are currently on budget for the year.
  3. There are six delinquent homeowners for $5600. Three have liens placed on them and three have been sent letters of intent to lien.
  4. There is one minor violations for landscaping issues.

NEW/UNFINISHED BUSINESS:

  1. The board will look into setting up a survey on the website so homeowners will have input into areas to improve in 2018. If this is no feasible Cheryl will do a broadcast e- mail.
  2. A possible 4-way stop for Urraca was discussed. Cheryl Hunt will contact the elementary school to see if the PTA will help our effort to get one as this is a bus stop area. Also of concern was the speeding on Kimmick. The city will not do anything until Kimmick is connected. An e-mail will be sent to homeowners to call 311 as the more complaints the sooner the city will react.
  3. Regarding several issue that the HOA has no jurisdiction: A homeowner was concerned about the blasting. She was advised to call 311. Also dog barking falls under non HOAissue.
  4. Michael Martin had a suggestion we decorate the street poles. He will call the city as they are city property. Also it was suggested to decorate the open spaces.
  5. The board is trying to get our new councilor to the next board meeting. Nigel will try and contact her liaison.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

  1. ACC had one request for solar installation that has been approved.
  2. Tumbleweed Gazette will come out in the spring.
  3. No one was present from the Landscaping committee.
  4. The Neighborhood watch is only on Aloe RD.
  5. Josh Bauguss is looking to improve the website. A link to CABQ.gov will be added to the website so homeowners can easily look up information on changes that effect our area. This would include planning meetings and new permits for our area. We will also add this information to the website as it is updated.

This was the last meeting for Board members Jeff Pointer and Don Gray. Michael thanked Jeff for serving on the board.

The next Board meeting is TBA for March. The meeting was adjourned at 6:45 PM.

« Older posts Newer posts »